Girl Online Going Solo: The Best Book I've Ever Read

Hi Everyone!

You may have guessed by the title, this is a book review. If you don't know already, I'm a BIG lover of reading and my favourite book series is the Girl Online series by Zoe Sugg (Zoella on YouTube). The series has 3 books and each is better than the last; Girl Online, Girl Online On Tour and my most recent read: Girl Online Going Solo.

The books are based on a 16 year old girl called Penny who struggles with anxiety and has a blog: Girl Online. The series follows her life and ups and downs over the year between book 1 and book 3.

But right now I'm going to talk about book 3: Girl Online Going Solo.

This book is the best book I've EVER read that I can remember (the ones I don't remember were pretty bad most likely) and trust me, I've read A LOT of books in my time.

In book 3, it shows how many developments Penny has as a person and how much more control she gets over her anxiety and her mind/emotions. With struggles of friendships, new friendships, rivalries, relationships and friends personal lives, so much was happening which had me gripped, shook, maybe even hypnotized by the book itself..

And that is just one of the reasons I was instantly glued to it. The plot twist, the actual plot, the cover (yes I do pay attention to book covers), the storyline, cliffhangers, the language, the characters in the book and how it's written just all joined together and written perfectly and had me LITERALLY STUCK to the book. At no point whatsoever I felt happy to put the book down. The chapters were so full of surprises and suspense I didn't want it to end. Even if the book did last forever, I' think I would still want more..

Some of the main people that have a place in Penny's life like Noah (It's complicated), Elliot (Best Friend), Megan (Frememy), Posey (New friend), Leah (Famous friend), Kira and Amara (Twins / Penny's besties), Callum (new on the block) etc. definitely make the book realistic and relatable for any teen girl that's reading.

Although I might be a bit late on the GOGS scene, as I only got it for Christmas, I do not care one jot. This book is legendary and I don't think I'll read anything quite like this again for a VERY long time indeed.

Oh, and if you are planning to read this, make sure you've read/listened to the other two beforehand otherwise you won't have a clue what's happening and I have tried to contain myself so I'm not that person who spoils everything for people. Your welcome :) haha!

----------------------

Have you read this book/series? What are your opinions? Tell me in the comments below!

RelatableTrend, is now trending.


Share:

0 comments